Terrific Taster Day for a Nautical Newbie!

Carriecot's review of Solent Boat Training - www.solentboattraining.co.uk

“Terrific Taster Day for a Nautical Newbie!”

Written on: 30/08/2013 by Carriecot (1 review written)

I joined the guys at Solent Boat Training (SBT) at the end of June 2013 for a taster day. Although a qualified and experienced yachtswoman, my work commitments had kept me off the water for a while and the SBT taster day was just what I needed.The skipper was young and enthusiastic and quickly established a rapport with everyone. His calm manner was reassuring, ideal for the total novice, giving the impression of a safe environment for learning and enjoyment. His enthusiasm and professionalism both shone through. Although the weather was not ideal for the total novice our skipper gave us a full day on the water learning the basics from points of sail to tacking and gybing, anchoring and returning onto a pontoon, I had plenty of opportunity to brush up on my skippering technique and my helming. I'm sure the others who participated would not hesitate to recommend SBT for their RYA practical sailing courses - they also provide excellent lunches, an essential element of skipper training. I'm looking forward to returning to SBT for more practical sailing in 2014 and even chartering their Bavaria 37'. An excellent introduction to sailing for the novice who might be a bit apprehensive about what to expect.

• Taster day £50