RYA VHF Short Range Certificate

Bishee's review of Solent Boat Training - www.solentboattraining.co.uk

“RYA VHF Short Range Certificate”

Written on: 04/06/2013 by Bishee (1 review written)

I had a great time on this course. At first, I thought that I was out of my depth but soon realised that the other attendants were probably as inexperienced as I. We all worked together in teams and the variety of students was quite pleasing - I was concerned that I was going to be oldest, but found that two others had several years on me!

The course was friendly, specific, easy to understand, relevant and an effortless way to get qualified. Instruction, demonstrations and hands-on tutorials were well-delivered, professional but un-stuffy. Plenty of time was given for coffees, teas and breaks, as well as time for a decent lunch out in the restaurants next to the yachts. The final exam/test was easily navigated because the level and competence of teaching gave plenty of information and, in my case I nearly achieved 100%. Now I can be satisfied that I can handle any short range radio to enable me to communicate ship to shore for leisure, docking and all emergency and urgent situations.

I will be booking more courses soon - but not until I get back from the Fastnet race in August - and I would recommend this very professional Company to anyone looking to improve on their skills. I would add that this was also the least expensive course of four that I looked at, who were offering training in the Solent area. Being in Southampton was aslo very practical and convenient for me.

• This Company offered the lowest cost for this course