Brilliant!

PinkPrincess76's review of Skates - www.skates.co.uk

“Brilliant!”

Written on: 17/06/2013 by PinkPrincess76 (1 review written)

I had my first figure skates, my roller boots, my hubby's hockey skates, 4 skate bags and 2 sets of blade guards from SKATES. I only wish that now I have progressed significantly with my ice skating that I could get the top end figure skates here.

The site is fantastic: easy to navigate, prices for all budgets, good quality products (even my first figure skates - perfect for just skating and at 3 years old, now being loved by a dear friend).

I have named the site happily every time I've discussed getting back into skating (roller and ice) as an adult who fractured her spine 10 years ago on ice.

A diagram of the profile of the blade and a bit about the radius of hollow for each skate with a guide about what those two things mean would be very helpful. Also a way to discern whether ice skates are better for just skating, dancing, freestyle, jumps and similar; whether they are ok for just beginners, intermediate or advanced.

I only recently learned that learning to figure skate is a disaster on hockeys (two people in my class have learned that to their detriment having to pay for new skates within 6 - 12 weeks). If I had known sooner, I would have bought figures for my hubby, not hockeys!

I would also like to see more ice skating clothing, tights, leggings, leg warmers, they are often ridiculously expensive and not easy to source even online.

• SFR Glitra, SFR men's hockeys (I can't remember which), SFR quads with the fluorescent wheels (white-ish, glow in UV) as well as 4 skate bags and 2 hard guards for the ice skates - approximately £200 in 3 years.