Good product & great service. Choice of courier a problem.

Bream's review of Skates - www.skates.co.uk

“Good product and great service. Choice of courier a...”

Written on: 07/02/2013 by Bream (1 review written)

First off let me say that on contacting skates.co.uk with a problem, it was picked up and resolved promptly and politely. I'd recommend the customer service and the product (slam grip tape), when it arrived was good and as marketed.

However.....
When I ordered the grip tape, I paid an additional 9.95 for a Saturday Delivery Service to get the tape in time for my son's birthday.

Unfortunately, the courier in use (DPD) attempted to deliver the item on the following Monday when no-one was home and have left me a 'Sorry we missed you' card.

The options on the card are :
To collect from their depot, which I couldn't do easily,
Leave in a safe place, which I don't have,
Change delivery details to another house with the same postcode, which I can't do for various reasons,
Upgrade the delivery to a targeted date/time range (which I've already paid for and for which they had failed to deliver).

DPD won't change the delivery address outside of my home postcode without Skates instruction. Fortunately, Skates contacted them and arranged for them to deliver to my work address. I got it by the Wednesday.

Beware buying from sites that use DPD (unfortunately, this isn't easy determine usually). I've had similar problems with them in the past (two other occasions) and the supplier hasn't been as helpful as Skates in contacting them to arrange a different deliver address.

I still ended up paying 9.95 for a prompt delivery that I didn't receive however.

I'd like to award more stars to Skates, but I have to rate on the overall experience I'm afraid.

Regards...

• Slam scooter grip tape.

• Up to a week late