One word "Terrible"

Guest's review of Skate Hut www.skatehut.co.uk

“One word "Terrible"”

Written on: 20/06/2013

Found this site online and it seemed like they had great brands at good prices so I purchased some trainers from them.

After the next few days I received notifications/ confirmations saying it was being processed which I thought was great. So near the expected delivery day I receive a message saying the payment had been declined and that they can't fulfill the order - a little frustrating as I know I even had Visa Verify so can't understand how there would be a problem.

The next day a checked my online banking and saw the money has come out from www.skatehut.co.uk, so I sent a message saying could you NOW send the goods as you have taken the money out "that you said was declined".

They said sorry those trainers are no longer available would I like to exchange or get a refund - I asked for a refund.

I then get an email saying unfortunately that's not possible as on the "System" it said declined even though I confirmed the money had been taken.

It has now turned into a 2 week process of trying to prove money has been taken & getting a refund rather than buying a product a receiving it. So basically failed to get the products I ordered through a online booking system that's unreliable & a customer service team that seem reluctant to help.

I recommend staying clear of this type of company and go buy from a big player like Amazon who have more policies in place to protect the customer from this sort of situation.

Hope this helps