Bad customer service & missleading order status..

Guest's review of Powerhouse-Fitness www.Powerhouse-Fitness.co.uk/Fitness

“Bad customer service and missleading order status..”

Written on: 22/08/2013

I ordered an item on 10th August 2013 and because I was working, I ordered it to my parents house. My parents were sat in the house for a week waiting on delivery. I kept checking the website for my orders "status" and it showed "exported".

When it had not arrived in over 5 days I asked an online helper if "exported" meant "posted" and I was told yes. Then while casually browsing my junk emails, I found 4x emails from Powerhouse-Fitness asking for ID to prove the delivery address.

I emailed them back asking why no one had thought to call me directly after the 1st email was not replied to, instead of just forwarding another 3? (I work on a support desk and would call a customer in that situation).

I sent that email on Saturday and didn't get a reply until Monday!

The reply did not answer my question, except to say they would have called after a WEEK?? Which is just too long!!

Why did the status of my order on the website not state "pending customer..." which would have prompted me days earlier to contact them.

When my parents (who needed to supply the ID) rang the company that same day, they provided the ID and were told it would arrive by Wednesday, within 2 days??

I then got an email on Wednesday saying my order status was now "complete" which would normally suggest "delivered", but nothing had arrived!

When my parents called again to chase up the order, they had to leave a voice message asking to be called back and when they did, my parents were then told the item which we ordered on the 10th was OUT-OF-STOCK?

But this time it should arrive by Friday between 16:06-19:00!!

My parents have now been house-bound for nearly two weeks waiting for this item to arrive because I work and could not stay to wait!

This was originally intended as my birthday present for the 18th and it is now the 22nd, originally ordered on the 10th with up to 5 days delivery!

I will not be using this company again as their customer support is shocking and miss-leading and their website is badly designed and gives bad feedback to customers checking order status'.

• Goods purchased & cost