Written on: 29/05/2013
Important. This review is not a spoof or a joke, it is real and should serve as a warning to anyone thinking they are going to receive an efficient service. In short, Powerhouse display the worst customer care and logistical efficiency I have ever seen. I have ordered more than once with the company & each time the situation is the same. Allow me to elaborate.
1. Items are ALWAYS in stock on the website but routinely not in stock when you actually place the order. This is understandable however it would be nice to be told that this is the case rather than having to wait a week, then receive an email after chasing the company yourself.
2. Money is always taken immediately from your account irrelevant of whether they have the item or not and as is in my case, you may have to wait months before receiving your item yet the money has gone long ago.
3. Customer care is literally non-existant. It routinely takes days or even weeks to answer emails and they never appear to offer any intelligence in their reply. Thus they will not have reference to previous chase emails or instructions and thus you will have to start your complaint from scratch each time.
4. The email responses when they do come are often impolite and curt. Having waited and waited for my order I decided to complain. I was eventually greeted with an email after several days with no 'dear sir or Mr XxxxxX' etc. it simply stated 'I had received my order'!!! Clearly they had made an administrative error and effectively labelled me a liar. Thus their admin and efficiency are a shambles. Of note, my order was a simple set of Olympic weights and a single bar, not exactly that huge an order or too complicated?!
5. If Powerhouse say 'you will receive your order in 5 days, that could mean 5 weeks! I originally placed my order on 9 Apr. I was told there could be up to a 5 week delay (despite openly advertising it was immediately available on the website). The money was taken immediately. After 3 weeks I decided to enquire as to the progress.... I was told eventually after another delay in response, I had received it!! This confusion created yet another delay as they attempted to sort out who they had mistaken me for. I was eventually told my order was still NOT EVEN IN THE UK! ( it is now 12 May, a full month after my original order). I am offered a free tub of protein (wow!! Stop the press?!) I am told the item will arrive in UK 15 May and will then take 5-7 days to be delivered. Surely now a resolution? NO! Not even close. As I write, it is now 29 May, and I am yet to hear from Powerhouse as to where my order is. My latest complaint emails have still not even been acknowledged.
Apologies for rambling on but you must not be fooled by these rogue traders. It is simple, if you want quick and quality fitness equipment DO NOT BUY FROM POWERHOUSE.
Good luck and you have been warned.
As rated by our community of reviewers
" On line voucher purchase " Read More
" Excellent service and prompt deliver " Read More
" Amazing Customer Service " Read More
Written by Kieran_Davis1999
" Hope brake parts " Read More
" Couldn't ask for better ... " Read More
Written by michaelo700