Awful website, good phone service, fast delivery

Guest's review of Parkers of Bolton - www.parkersofbolton.co.uk

“Awful website, good phone service, fast delivery”

Written on: 22/05/2013

Parkers' website is a terrible sales funnel, and I can only imagine it loses them untold numbers of sales.
I attempted to make a purchase on their site, and was told to register as a customer: so far, so normal.

However, once I had signed up, the site told me I was trying to access a page that did not exist. At this point it would not have been unusual for me to give up and shop elsewhere. Feeling unusually determined, I reloaded the site, found the item I wanted and tried to log-in to buy it. The site then told me that my username and/or password was not recognised. This could not have been the case as I has only just created them.

Thankfully for them and me, I was feeling particularly stubborn on the day I chose to buy something from them.
I phoned the number on their site, and a very helpful woman allowed me to make the purchase I wanted.

Another slight blip occurred when I was not sent a confirmation of purchase email, as requested.
Despite this, I did receive an email to say my item had been posted, and it arrived two days earlier than expected.

All in all: they need to sort their website out for their own sake, but customer service over the phone was great and the delivery was nice and quick.

• Goods purchased & cost