Amazing

Samara416's review of OutdoorGB www.outdoorgb.com

“Amazing”

Written on: 06/04/2014 by Samara416 (1 review written)

I have been reading lately various internet articles regarding new membranes in the market, along with the old ones.
Until recently I owned a Gore tex Pro shell, which found that it was not breathing well and basically confirmed all the bad things I read about gote tex's breathability.
Then, I stumbled upon various reviews about Polartec's Neoshell material, which got some extraordinary reviews.
I purchased the Further Faster jacket as it was on a great price.
I had the chance to test it this Saturday.
I went climbing in a mountain.
The route consisted of 1:30 h trekking to the base of the route and another 1:45 climbing a snow couloir up to 50 degrees.
Temperature was from 5 to 10 degrees Celsius
I wore just a baselayer underneath the jacket.
During the trek in, I got a bit damp in the back where I had the rucksack, but I was noticably drier than I would in my gore tex pro jacket.
Where the jacket left me speechless was in the couloir.

We were not using protection and moving together with my partner.
The route consisted of 500 meters in altitude gain. I never got dump. Not for a second. And this while doing a lot of work.
This Neoshell membrane is awesome. Additionally, the jacket is very well built with an excellent hood and the blue color is fantastic. However I would have expected that they used ripstop for the outer fabric. The fabric seems strong though.
This, I have to confess, is my best gear purchase ever.
Well done Montane and Polartec