Faulty goods, dreadful after sales service.

Guest's review of Outdoor Megastore www.outdoormegastore.co.uk

“Faulty goods, dreadful after sales service. ”

Written on: 27/07/2013

Ordered tent for grandson's birthday present. Came in two days but as soon as he unwrapped it we could see there was a problem with broken cording in one of the poles. Rang them, explained this was a birthday present and grandson had a sleep over and first camping trip with friends planned for next few days so tent needed. So I was promised a replacement cord for us to do a codge repair with the promise it would be sent same day by 1st class post. A week later, nothing had come.

Rang again on the Thursday and explained this was now urgent as it was needed for the weekend and nearest camping supply store to get replacement cord is miles away. Amazing response that this was impossible, "what you don't realise is that I have to go out in my lunch break to post things as we use a courier, not Royal Mail". Quite frankly, I really don't care about their arrangements for meeting customers' expectations. I just want what I've ordered, in a fit state for use. So this time promise was made that cord would be sent by courier, next day delivery but once again, nothing came.

It's now Saturday. Grandson's birthday was ten days ago and the tent has never been erected. We've borrowed one so his camp out can go ahead but he's disappointed and we've ended up feeling guilty that our gift was a let down.

In hindsight I should have returned the whole thing as faulty the second we opened it and who knows, I may have had a replacement by now. Won't buy here again.

• Tent £70

• Still waiting

Piper28's Comment

Written on: 05/08/2013

Follow up: The original order was delivered direct to my daughter's address - for grandson's birthday and where we were staying. I asked for the replacement cord to be sent there too - they even checked the postcode with me while I was on the line. Two weeks later we get home to find the cord had been sent to the address on my payment card - our home address. What lack of attention to detail and rotten service