Postage Rip-Off for Spares

Guest's review of Micro Scooters Ltd www.micro-scooters.co.uk

“Postage Rip-Off for Spares”

Written on: 29/10/2012

I am very disappointed at the minimum postal charge. I have just ordered a replacement u-bend spring for a micro scooter - in itself expensive at £2.45 (you used to be able to get these for the cost of a stamped addressed envelope to the supplier). The postage on this item, that must weigh a few grams and sit in the palm of your hand, is the same as any other spare part (deck/handle etc) at £3.95. I have paid £6.40 for a spare that obviously is a design fault on the original product, as the newer scooters have 2 separate and stronger springs to keep the wheels aligned. I rang the customer service manager and was told it was company policy and there was nothing she could do to change the cost of shipping. The call was a local rate number and that also cost me over £2.00 by the time they picked up and discussed the problem. £8.50 for a tiny spring - in my view your company could do a lot better.

• Goods purchased & cost