They took our money - then cancelled order

Guest's review of Kitbag - www.kitbag.com

“They took our money - then cancelled order”

Written on: 23/06/2014

On behalf of the business I work for, I ordered two football kits under two order references as part of a competition incentive on 10 June 2014. The next day, I received emails advising that following security checks, my orders were cancelled. When I called customer services, I was advised it was due to our Kitbag account name not matching the name on the Paypal account and told to change the name on the account. OK, fair enough, I appreciate them combating potential fraud.
The next day, I changed the account name to ensure it matched the name on our Paypal account and sent the order again. The same security check email arrived the next day with the order cancelled. We had also been charged for each order - despite this cancellation.
I contacted customer services about the refund and they said "The order will go through when accounts get around to that record".
Two weeks now after the orders were first placed and still no refund on our Paypal account. I phoned again and a rude lady (kept talking over me & patronising) advised they do not have our money and it's actually with the bank - and to contact them. Lies... I cannot believe they take your money and THEN send the cancelled order email, with no refund at all 14 days later!
Just like many of the other negative reviews on here, I'm now considering what to do next. Do I issue a Paypal dispute to get our refund (totalling over £240)?

• Goods purchased & cost