Personalised shirt problem, customer care - don't care

Gillymax's review of Kitbag - www.kitbag.com

“Personalised shirt problem, customer care - don't care”

Written on: 13/12/2012 by Gillymax (1 review written)

I ordered a personalised shirt from the Everton site for my son in plenty of time for Christmas. It arrived with a spelling error. I telephoned customer services to be told to send a picture which I did. I asked for confirmation that the email was received- this didn't arrive. I then called them back in the evening to be asked to send the image again, I asked for confirmation again, still no joy. Today the original operator asked for a picture of the label on the plastic bag, I questioned why she didn't ask for this in the first place. Apparently her manager asked for it. I am not looking to blame anyone just wanted assurance that a new personalised shirt would arrive in time for Christmas.
All of this made me feel it was my error and it isn't. There are clearly no quality control checks.
Every time I asked for some feedback by email or telephone. I just called again to be helped who assured me that a new shirt is on its way. I suggested for the constant phoning and inconvenience and cost of calls that they should put something extra in for my son. She said she would talk to her manager and gave me her email to send all of my correspondence. To cap it all she has given me the wrong email address and I have had to call yet again to get the correct one.
I am in the customer care business and find this service completely unacceptable.
Not once has someone picked up the phone to sort this out.

• Everton personalised football shirt