Written on: 12/09/2012
I am an Australian Citizen/resident, who made a online purchase on this UK website.
I made the purchase on Thursday 30 August 2012 (6:58pm Sydney time = 9:58am London time) with express delivery.
The website states that world wide express delivery takes 1-4 working days from dispatch date.
The website also states that personalised items will be dispatched usually within 3 working days of the order date.
3 Sept ’12: [3rd working day]
- I called Kitbag to query if my order had been dispatched. The lady on the phone told me printed shirts take 3 days before being dispatched.
4 Sept ’12: [4th working day]
- I sent an email to kitbag customer service, asking when the items will be dispatched and how long will delivery to Sydney take.
5 Sept ’12: [5th working day]
- Mimi from kitbag responded on the 5th working day apologising that I had not been kept informed about my order and said the order is currently being picked in their warehouse and will be dispatched shortly with DHL express which the service should take 3-5 working days for delivery.
7 Sept ’12: [7th working day]
- I responded to Mimi saying that the status on my order is still picking, the order was made a week ago last night and is ther an issue with my order.
- John Wrigley responded to my email again apologising that I had not been kept informed about my order and that there are no issues with my order, and the order is currently being picked in their warehouse and will be dispatched shortly.
- I responded saying that mimi told me the same thing 2 days ago and that their website states printed shirtd take up to 3 days in addition to the 1-4 day express delivery, meaning 4-7 working days to be delivered, it has now been 6 working days since my order was placed, yet my order has not been dispatched, please explain.
8 Sept ’12: [non working day]
- Latifa responded saying that she has looked at my order and it appeared the delay was due to the personalisation of my order. She passed on my information to that department and will be in touch shortly.
- I responded saying the order is not personalised but was a standard order on their website with printing, there is no excuse for the items not to be dispatched yet as it has now been 7 working days and I am doing all the chasing, and that I will contact Fair trading on Monday afternoon if my order is not dispatched on Monday morning.
- Ashleigh responded apologising for any inconvenience caused but confirmed that the delay with the dispatch of my order is due to the printing that I have requested. Printed items include all names numbers including players as well as personalised names and numbers. She also copied a printing disclaimer which is provided on the website with all personalised items, which only stated that personalised item could not be refunded and to please allow 3-5 days for delivery.
10 Sept ’12: [8th working day]
- No contact, status of order is still “picking”
11 Sept ’12: [prior to the 9th working day]
- I sent this email to email@example.com as 8 working days have now gone past and the order has not been dispatched from their warehouse. I copied the order details below with the disclaimer. Note: The website and disclaimer both state that printing an extra 3 days before they are ready to be dispatched, although the delivery time is 3-5 days as apposed to 1-4 on the website. Either way at worst case I should have received the order on the 8th working day (3 days for printing and 5 for delivery) which was yesterday (both Sydney and London time) but the order has still not been dispatched.
12 Sept ’12: [prior to the 10th working day]
- No contact, status of order is still “picking”, I thought I would post this above email i sent to the office of fair trading (cc'd to kitbag) to on a few customer feedback websites.
As rated by our community of reviewers
" Great service at an affordable price " Read More
" Great until it goes wrong then no help at all " Read More
Written by Hippychris
" Excellent service 5* " Read More
Written by Emmalucketti
" Evans do the lot " Read More
" Avoid this company at all costs! " Read More