Like banging my head against a brick wall

EmmaCartledge's review of JD Sports www.jdsports.co.uk

“Like banging my head against a brick wall”

Written on: 23/01/2013 by EmmaCartledge (1 review written)

Ordered Nike Dual Fusion Trainers in size 6. When they arrived I got a size 5 and a size 6. This was my first order with JD Sports so didn't impress - all sports/shoe shops check this as a matter of course.

Emailed customer services to ask if they would refund me the cost of returning items as faulty.

After three days received generic email and was told that they would refund me the costs when I placed my next order with them! (Why would I want to place another order??)

Went back and quoted Sale of Good Act (consumer must not be out of pocket for returning faulty goods) was then told that they might refund postage if trainers proved faulty on inspection on return - err hello - you sent me a five and a six and I sent you a photo to prove it!

After much wrangling got them to send me a Collect+ label for free return postage (had to send a further chaser email when promised label did not appear in my inbox) and have finally sent trainers back for refund. Fingers crossed.

Customer services were very lazy in their approach and were happy to fob me off. Had to push to get response I was entitled to in law.

This isn't the first time I have ordered something and it has been wrong - but it is the first time I have had to argue and argue to get matters sorted out - e.g. Lovells sent me the wrong rugby shirt at Christmas - couldn't have asked for better, or more polite customer services - refunded return postage and sent out correct shirt next day delivery.

JD Sports need to take a good look at their customer services and sort themselves out - reviews on this page don't make good reading. I won't be using again!

• Nike Dual Fusion Trainers