Good range but poor communication & service

Nobike77's review of Hargroves Cycles - www.hargrovescycles.co.uk

“Good range but poor communication & service”

Written on: 07/08/2014 by Nobike77 (1 review written)

They have a great range of products but that is where thing then start to go wrong. I have found them like McDonald's in that I haven't been for a while so I think it is a good idea but then regret it until enough time passes that I forget re-visit & regret it.

Over the last 4 years I have bought 2 bike from them & had repair work done to a brompton. The first bike was a mountain bike which had problem from the start with gears not being properly set up requiring another shop to fix.

The Brompton went in for repair work a couple of years after this event, I was told that it would take a while to fix & that I would be phoned when ready. Great, after a month I hadn't heard anything so I phoned to find it was not ready & would take a while. After another month I phoned & was told it wasn't ready. Fine as long as I am told when it is ready. I thought I would again about 2 weeks later & was told it had been ready for over a month. When I went it they said it had been ready for weeks but no one had been bothered to phone to tell me this important bit of information.

Another couple of years later I was convinced by my employers cycle to work scheme to enrol so I got a quote from the cycle to work scheme from hargroves. I sent all the information off but did not hear anything. I freely admit I was not great at following this up & then do not properly look at my pay slip for another couple of months. When I did I noticed I was paying for a bike which I had never received.
When I followed it up I was told by employees of hangovers a range of thing from I can cancel it to I must have a bike. To there credit they did offer the New Years range of bike. When went in to the shop no one seemed to have a clue about this situation & I had to go through the whole problem again.

• 2 bikes & repair to Brampton. £2300