Service at Winchester store has gone downhill recently

Nicholsr's review of Hargroves Cycles - www.hargrovescycles.co.uk

“Service at Winchester store has gone downhill recently”

Written on: 18/12/2013 by Nicholsr (1 review written)

I bought my mountain bike from their chichester store some years ago and have always had it serviced at the Winchester branch but recently their service has gone downhill. They used to service bikes themselves but now they seem to subcontract it out to a workshop in Southampton, ferrying the bikes back and forth a few times per week. I booked my bike in to have a snapped chain replaced an whilst they had it they said they would check anything else that needed doing and give me a call. The booking slip clearly said any further work would be authorised. I was surprised to receive a call saying the bike was ready but I assumed this meant it didn't need anything else done. When I showed up they presented me with a huge bill for a load of extra work that I didn't authorise. On complaining I was told that the engineer in Southampton was moving on at the end of the week and thus had no incentive to give good customer service. I think they thought that this would somehow make me feel better about their service. I had no option but to pay up. The work had been done. Needless to say I won't be going back.

• Goods purchased & cost