Cube nightmare

CamboNeon's review of Hargroves Cycles - www.hargrovescycles.co.uk

“Cube nightmare”

Written on: 29/03/2013 by CamboNeon (1 review written)

I am an outdoor instructor a qualified mountain bike leader and a part time mechanic for a leading bike store. I regularly lead rides with young children and adults through a variety of terrain but normally along light single tracks and firebreaks. As such a heavy FS bike is unacceptable and unsuitable. I decided to purchase a mid range hard tail for simply leading groups. In late october 2012 I chose the 2013 cube aim disc as I was advertised with good componentry for the price. More than adequate for the job! Or so I thought.... Upon arrival the bike was in good condition so I took it to work for assembly. All went well, aside from the rear tyre being installed backwards.... However as time wore on more problems started to arise. Firstly the fork performance became erratic and overly stiff. I also noticed braking performance was dwindling, on inspection I noticed that the pads had been corroded for quite some time. Whilst inspecting the brakes I decided todo a full bleed of the brakes.I'm glad I did! There was air in the system on both the front and back brake. What made it worse was that the shimano brakes had cheap third party oil in as opposed to official shimano fluid! I have been disappointed this purchase and as the bike had been used could not return it. I have had to do a large amount of work on a bike that was brand new. However, the initial service from hargraves cycles was exemplary with fast delivery and great communication throughout the process.

• Goods purchased & cost