Collect In-Store just doesn't work

garethkthomas's review of GO Outdoors www.gooutdoors.co.uk

“Collect In-Store just doesn't work”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by garethkthomas (1 review written)

I ordered a product recently (Coleman Event Shelter) using the collect in-store option on the website. The site showed it as being in stock, but when I went to collect, they hadn't picked the order and told me they were out of stock (despite their own system showing stock). They checked with two other stores (after being prompted by me), who were also both showing stock, and both said they were out of stock. I can only assume that they either have a broken stock management system, or they intentionally inflate the stock numbers on the website to gain additional customers in their stores. Thought this might be a one-off, but happened earlier this week to a friend who was looking to buy a different product at the same store.

When I rang the main HQ number, they said they had stock on the warehouse and would send one out to the store for me to collect. This was very helpful (hence the 3 star rating), but something that was explained to me while I was in the store. Not great.

• Coleman Event Shelter