Click & collect terrible, online service worse !!!

SandraMyers1993's review of GO Outdoors www.gooutdoors.co.uk

“Click and collect terrible, online service worse !!! ”

Written on: 06/07/2014 by SandraMyers1993 (1 review written)

Ordered the item on click and collect ,went to the store to pick it up to be told none in stock (defeats the whole principle )

The assistant said " if it's showing one or two in stock I wouldn't order it because we probably haven't got them anyway " ( great stock control system again no point to click and collect )

The assistant then suggested I order online which I did , I then recieved an email to say " the items out of stock and we will contact you regarding your order "

I then recieve an email say items dispatched ????? ,now I'm left wondering which it is !!! I try phoning the help line which has had its phone number changed so Instead of one phone call I've had to make three , the first initial call , second call to write down the new telephone number ( as on the first occasion I had no pen to hand and the number was read out far to fast by the automated voice) , the third call to the actual number which by now the call centre is closed !!! .

In all very poor customer service .... But the actual item is rather good .
Nb/
I'm still waiting for the phone call regarding my order !!!!!!!!

• Goods purchased & cost

Gooutdoors's Comment

Written on: 07/07/2014

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about that. Did you receive an email telling you to come pick up your items? Reserved orders are manually checked and a 'collect' email is only sent when the item is found and physically reserved. We do this to prevent wasted journeys.

The number for head office did indeed change recently to comply with government policy. This phone number is readily available on our website, along with the operating hours of our customer service team.

GO Outdoors Team