avoid at all costs

wideload100's review of GO Outdoors www.gooutdoors.co.uk

“avoid at all costs”

Written on: 21/06/2014 by wideload100 (1 review written)

avoid this company at all costs, the rubbish they sell is cheap for a reason, I purchased a tent for £500 that lasted just one outing before water started pouring in, it was just out of the guarantee period, so they offered to take it away for several weeks to have it repaired at my own cost, this is not what I expect from a big company, but maybe that's the problem here, they don't give a dam about their customers. I will never return to this company and would advise you not to as well.

• Goods purchased & cost

Gooutdoors's Response to wideload100's Review

Written on: 07/07/2014

Thanks for the feedback, we're sorry to hear about your tent.

We stock products from a variety of different brands which have their items made in different locations, so all brands and items certainly aren't the same.

If an item is outside of it's warranty period, it is our policy to offer to help get the tent repaired, we're sorry it seems you chose not to take us up on this as the repair could theoretically prolong the life of your tent.

Were you also told about reproofing your tent? If it's been used many times, it may simply need to be reproofed again (unless the issues are tears or the seams)

Wideload100's reply to Gooutdoors's Comment

Written on: 07/07/2014

I have had many conversations with your company about this tent. it has been used just once, and now has 34 different leaks, one of which has resulted in a puddle over an inch deep. this tent is beyond repair, and even if it were repairable I do not see why I should have to put up with a tent that has had to undergo major repair after just one use. the tent in question is a Kalahari 10 by the way. I can only assume that as a company you deem a single use as satisfactory for your products. So I accept that this tent was a few weeks out of warranty before the defect came to light, but some products, and a tent is a good example are used just once a year, and therefore the defect may not become apparent during its warranty period. I have been offered a repair at my own expense but after just ONE use this is unacceptable to me, this tent is no longer fit for purpose AFTER just one use. I have been told by many representatives of your company " tough " we got your money so suffer it basically. This is not the way a major company should behave in my humble opinion. now I am not saying the high gear brand is generally faulty or bad as I accept that anything can go wrong, even rolls royces break down, but the quality of a company is shown on how they deal with issues that are clearly not satisfactory. I have put this one down to experience and will purchase another tent from another company that obviously holds customer satisfaction and retention a lot higher than your company do.