Not told about 15% discount

ChrisMason's review of GO Outdoors www.gooutdoors.co.uk

“Not told about 15% discount”

Written on: 03/11/2013 by ChrisMason (1 review written)

I have just bought two Paramo waterproof jackets that I am delighted with but as I was paying at the Southampton store I inquired whether it was worth me waiting until another 15% off promotion came along. My two jackets were nearly £500 so this would be worthwhile. I was told that there wasn't one imminent so I paid. Two days later I get emailed a 15% off promotion offer!!!! I should have waited - now bitter towards Go Outdoors - they need to get their customer service sorted - instead of either offering me the 15% there and then or telling me to wait a few days I feel juped. I wont be rushing back.

• 2 Paramo Jackets

Gooutdoors's Response to ChrisMason's Review

Written on: 06/11/2013

Hello there,

Thanks for the feedback. The store staff would have been unaware of the promotion at the time so wouldn't have been able to advise. These promotions can occur the day before they start and are set up in store quite quickly.

I have passed your feedback on to our marketing team.

Thanks,

Brandon
GO Outdoors Web Team

Chrismason's reply to Gooutdoors's Comment

Written on: 06/11/2013

Hello - frankly I find that very hard to believe. You can't tell me that a company wide online promotion of 15% off is agreed the day before launch. I work for a FTSE top ten FMCG and I know that this is not the case and significant planning, financial and otherwise is required. Your Board would be greatly at fault if this is how they sanctioned activity in the business and the shareholders would be greatly worried re the governance.

I look forward to the Marketing Teams response.
Regards

Gooutdoors's reply to Chrismason's Comment

Written on: 07/11/2013

Hello,

If you'd like to take the complaint further, please feel free to do so by dropping us an email.

Or via our customer service feedback form.

If items are reduced soon after your purchase, most of our stores will be happy to refund the difference if you bring your receipt back to store during the promotion.

Chrismason's reply to Gooutdoors's Comment

Written on: 14/11/2013

Can you please advise where I find the customer feedback form - in store? What is the best email address to use to take this further- to whom should I send it

Gooutdoors's reply to Chrismason's Comment

Written on: 14/11/2013

Hi there,

Apologies it was in our response, but Review centre had removed it.

Our feedback form is on our site at the top right of the homepage and the link is called 'Customer services'.

Alternatively you can call us.