Glad I read the reviews!

undersixty's review of GO Outdoors www.gooutdoors.co.uk

“Glad I read the reviews!”

Written on: 22/08/2013 by undersixty (1 review written)

Craghopper Women's Basecamp Convertible Zip-off Trousers.

Like some of the other reviewers, at 5'6", I normally go for a size10-long from other manufacturers. But I heeded the advice given and ordered 10-regular,and I'm so glad I did. The leg length is just right with trainers, boots or sandals - neither ankle swingers nor pavement sweepers!

The fabric is good; I first wore them on a fairly warm day, but unlike some performance trousers, they didn't feel clammy after a strenuous walk.

2 not-so-keen-on points: I would have liked cargo pockets on both legs, not just the right. It wasn't obvious from the picture that this was the configuration. I like to be able to pocket my bits & pieces rather than carry a bag. (For the benefit of other shoppers who also like their pockets: there are 2 slant hip pockets - nice & deep - a rear zip pocket, and the one leg pocket with button-closing)
Other minus is the fit round the crutch. I found the waist very slightly tight (a size 12 would be far too big!) I guess I'll just move the button! (though there's not a lot of room to do that) and the trousers pull a bit tight when I'm sitting down. But -hey-ho! they are walking trousers after all!
All in all, very good value for money, and an excellent, speedy shopping experience.

• Goods purchased & cost