Let me down on" ring & reserve"

allpok's review of GO Outdoors www.gooutdoors.co.uk

“Let me down on" ring & reserve"”

Written on: 31/07/2013 by allpok (1 review written)

I'd seen these Merrell sandals( stella bloom)in Brown in the Go Outdoors brochure reduced to £29.99 from a certain date, on that date am i tried to reserve them at my local store in Kidderminster on line but no stock available in my size 6,nor was there any in any other local store in my area, i popped into Kidderminster Go Outdoors to be told they had been searching all their stores for this sandal in size 6, i had already bought my discount card in preparation so was very disappointed as i wanted them for my holiday in 3 weeks.
Then last week i was trawling through the internet for these sandals and spotted that the Erdington branch had the ones i wanted so i rang & reserved them , then arranged for a colleague from work to pick them up as he lived nearby .I rang the store to see if i could pay over the phone,but Becky said i could not so she promised to keep them for me for a few days longer than the normal 48 hours which was great but i then received a phone message to say she had to put them back into shop as i hadn't collected after 48 hours, i rang her but she said the label had become detached stating the date i was picking them up & someone had put them out and now they had been reserved by someone else,she said she would try & contact them but found she didn't have their phone no.i was very disappointed ,so i asked to speak to the manager Graham who quite frankly was in NO WAY helpful he just said she(Becky) should not have promised to have kept them past the 48 hrs and he would not let this other lady down!!I asked him "what he could do for me?" could he try & find these sandals in another branch,which he seemed quite reluctant to, he has yet to get back to me.Yesterday(30.7.13) the same sandals were still said to be available so i tried again with ring & reserve then phoned the store ,where nice chap Scott said he would check all stock but there was nothing,he would check out other branches & get back to me which he did promptly but there was nothing available, I'm feeling very jaded with my Go Outdoors experience which is a shame as i was really excited when the Kidderminster branch opened, as i wanted to bye my daughters D of E hiking gear and all our hiking shoes for our hiking holiday POOR SHOW GO OUTDOORS

• Merrell sandal stella bloom size 6 ( if i could)

• Still waiting

Gooutdoors's Response to allpok's Review

Written on: 06/08/2013

Hello there,

We're very sorry to hear this. Unfortunately during Sale periods the stock file that powers the reserve and collect system can go awry due to quick sales in stores before the item can be reserved. If the item is no longer in the store it should be removed by the store from their file, and this will reflect on the site the next day.

Thank you for the feedback, we're always looking to improve on this service.

Brandon