How Are They Still In Business

Guest's review of GO Outdoors www.gooutdoors.co.uk

“How Are They Still In Business”

Written on: 11/06/2013

Bought a Hi-Gear tent in order to go touring and camping on my motorcycle , my biggest mistake was to go to Go Outdoors the staff at the Stockton branch were surly , uninterested and didn't seem to have a clue in general . On to my purchase ,, to be fair the other items bought the same day seem to be o.k. however the tent is a different kettle of fish , un-packed it today to find firstly No Pegs ,2 1x Guy rope missing , upon erecting the tent it looked to have been used prior to my purchase as it had mouldy old crisp crumbs and a piece of cheap costume type jewellery nestled in the corner , last but not least there are stains of some description ( shudder to think ) on the inner part of the tent .
My biggest problem is that it was bought towards the end of last year and due to our great British weather didn't get used so obviously I can't take it back now .
Lesson learned in my case , buy from the smaller retailer , someone who gives customer service and knows what they're doing .

• Tent and camping equipment. £80

Gooutdoorsuk's Comment

Written on: 11/06/2013

Hi there,

Have you tried contacting our customer line to see if they can help with the tent? It should not have been sold in a used state. We do recommend trying tents, or checking that all items are included on purchase because sometimes manufacturing errors can occur. You can contact our customer service team via phone.

We're sorry to hear of the negative experience in store, and will certainly pass the feedback on to the Stockton branch, as we expect a higher level of service from all our members of staff.

Hope this helps,