They say Go Outdoors Card has expired to sell a new one

ladonamobile's review of GO Outdoors www.gooutdoors.co.uk

“They say Go Outdoors Card has expired to sell a new one”

Written on: 16/03/2013 by ladonamobile (1 review written)

Every time I go to the till they look up my postcode and say my Go Outdoors Discount Card has expired and I have to buy a new one. They have an old expired card on the system at the top of the list. Each time I challenge, they say "Oh yes you're right there is a current card lower down in the list".
I have asked them to delete the expired card details so staff will only see the new current card, but they say they can't. My girlfriend went without me and ended up with another card to save an argument and embarrassment at the till. I went recently and they still say my card has expired even though we now have two current ones.

• Goods purchased & cost

Kurisu's Response to ladonamobile's Review

Written on: 26/05/2013

If your card has expired, rather than attempting to purchase a brand new card, as all of your details are currently on the system, simply request the "expired" card to be renewed (the current renewal charge is £5). This will ensure that you only have one card matched to your information on the system which will last for 12 months and then need to be renewed (onto the same card)
Again if you lose your current card, rather than buying a new one, simply renew your lost card (as all information is still present and correct on the system) and either continue to simply use your post code for your purchases or request an new "hard copy" card to be dispatched to you (your information will be taken from the system and attached to a new card, however this process is dealt with by Sheffield head office, not your local store and so can take a time period ranging from a couple of weeks to a few month as all replacement card issues from the entire UK are process by head office)