Worthless Price Match Promise!

Penrithian's review of GO Outdoors www.gooutdoors.co.uk

“Worthless Price Match Promise!”

Written on: 05/03/2013 by Penrithian (1 review written)

I wanted to buy a pair of the Salomon Cosmic 4D 2 GTX® Walking Boots. They are advertised on the GoOutdoors website at £153 with a discount card. Beneath the product it clearly says 'FOUND A LOWER PRICE WE'LL BEAT IT BY 10% - CLICK HERE'. I then found the same boot on Fieldandtrek.com for £119.99.
So I put Go Outdoors and their Price Match offer to the test. Here is the reply -
"Thank you for your email.
I have checked the competitor link and unfortunately on this occasion we can not do the price match. The reason for this is the competitor is selling liquidated stock, and we do not price match against liquidated stock"
A totally unacceptable explanation that makes their great 'PRICE MATCH PROMISE' worthless!
I called Field & Trek Customer Services and they confirm that "they are selling these brand new boots at a very good price. This is not liquidated stock."

• none

Penrithian's Response to Penrithian's Review

Written on: 06/03/2013

I have now received another email from Gooutdoors customer services and they have now offered to uphold the price match. So I thank them for that and will take up their offer. This company has redeemed itself and I will continue to buy from them.