A case for Trading Standards to intervene

DJK-SMK's review of GO Outdoors www.gooutdoors.co.uk

“A case for Trading Standards to intervene”

Written on: 16/11/2012 by DJK-SMK (1 review written)

What is all this discount card rubbish.
I found a pair of Salomon Quest walking boots on their web site, 10% off at £139.50 was offered. I selected for home delivery.
Thought I ought to have some socks to go with them, not available for home delivery.
Off to the Basingstoke store then, tried on a pair of Salomon Quest walking boots (great boots by the way) asked the salesman the price, £139.50 I was told, selected 3 pairs of socks and went to the till.
Again I asked the price of the boots, the girl at the till again confirmed £139.50 then asked me if I had a discount card, no said I, oh that will be £155.00 for the boots she said.
This is nothing short of sharp practise, I will never shop either at their stores or their online store again and would advise anyone to beware of such fundementally flawed trading practise.
Quite obviously I bought neither the boots not the socks from Go Outdoors and have since purchased them at a store where the advertised price was also the selling price within pence of £139.50

• Goods purchased & cost

Mike2040's Response to DJK-SMK's Review

Written on: 21/02/2013

I agree about trading standards looking at this and other similar stores which have continual "discounts" from a fictional RRP. Who cares what the RRP is if goods are never sold at it?

In reality, their £5 "Discount Card" is anything but, it's just a way for them to make more cash whilst giving nothing more in return that any store provides.