Leaking waterproof boots

Guest's review of GO Outdoors www.gooutdoors.co.uk

“Leaking waterproof boots”

Written on: 15/10/2012

I will not be using this store ever again. All my wife wanted was a waterproof boot. The first pair of boots leaked because the sole of one of the boots had a split in it. We could not find the receipt and when we did take the boot back on our next visit we descover we had purchased it over a year ago and was told there was nothing they could do. So we bought a pair of Scarpa Ladies boots with gortex, the first time they were used in wet conditions the right boot leaked at the top front of the boot. It was sent away for testing by GO Outdoors and found to have no fault. We were given a few weak explanations of why it could have failed on that occasion, one excuse was that the boot was dirty! The boot had little use and none in muddy condition and was relatively clean. To sugest a waterproof boot is not if used in mud is a nonsense as it will be used in a lot more exteme cicumstances than my wife had done.Over £150 pounds spent and my wife still has not got waterproof boots.

• £120

Written on: 30/10/2012

thats not go outdoors fault is it realy

Peterwhalley's Comment

Written on: 30/10/2012

I have complained to Go Outdoors, they told me that the manager would contact me. When he did he seemed to not have read my origonal complaint. when I retold him the story he did not get back to me. So no action to my complaint not even a reply. When you purchase an item it is from a retailer and you have statutory rights, my rights have been ignored by Go Outdoors if you think they are not to blame then you can do business with them, but I will not in the future. Its a free country.

Written on: 19/11/2012

They sent the boots off to the manufacturer and they wernt faulty. Take a look at the tests they do on your boots to see if they leaked.

300,000 step test? Pretty thorough.
plus with gore-tex you get a lifetime guarentee for the finished product that has the gore-tex label on it. Yes they shouldnt leak, but they were obveously tested and proved fine.

45624's Comment

Written on: 20/04/2013

WIth regards to the first pair, what would you have them do, it was outside your warranty with go outdoors and the manufacturer. They have no legal or moral responsibilty to sort it for you, the lifetme guarentee of goretex is seperate and is not to do with the retail store after the first year. If you want to you can call Gore Tex themselves and they will look at them. Just to let you know Go Outdoors use a company called LSR (Lanchasire Sports Repair) to test and repair products with manufacturer faults. The reason why they do this is so that the test is impartial. IF found faulty it is repaired or replaced and go outdoors get the cost back from the manufacturer . If it is not faulty Go Outdoors have to cover the cost of sendng it off so it is in their interest for it to be faulty. They have done nothing wrong and I think that what you want them to do is unreasonable.

Written on: 30/10/2012

go outdoors dont test the products themselves... it goes back to the supplier i.e scarpa.