Leaking Mojave tent

Guest's review of GO Outdoors www.gooutdoors.co.uk

“Leaking Mojave tent”

Written on: 30/08/2012

Never had a complaint or concern regarding prices from Go Outdoors and having sold our caravan bought a full set of camping equipment including a Hi Gear Mojave 5 berth tent July 2011. We used the tent several times last summer in dry weather. This August Bank holiday we went away in the tent and during the first few hours of rainfall the tent leaked water, not through the seams where I would kind of expect, but through the whole fabric of the tent. Fortunately we were able to sleep in the back of our car before all the bedding became sodden. On speaking with staff at my local Go Outdoors store in Pudsey, I was told that since the tent was over 12 months old that there was nothing that they as a store could do. My complaint is that the tent is really brand new and we were under the impression that it was fully waterproof. I know that the weather of late has been poor but it leaked shortly after it started to rain which is not what you expect from a product that is just over 12 months old. It is clearly a well designed tent and I was completely surprised that it would leak to such an extent - the whole of the inner surface of the roof was allowing water to penetrate. Our tent was the only one to have leaked on the campsite during the weekend, despite others that were clearly a number of years old. I have emailed Go Outdoors, as advised, and after 5 days I am still awaiting communication. Merely just to be advised 'go to our website,' I think, is just not good enough. For such a product to have failed to such an extent, at the first sign of rain is surprising. I am a little bit miffed that Go Outdoors have been able to despatch promotional emails but not replied to my lengthy email. I have tried to find the address of HiGear but to no avail.

• Goods purchased & cost

Pis19's Comment

Written on: 01/09/2012

what do you expect? you used the tent several times over the summer therefore the sun and general weather takes off the waterproof layer... reproof it yourself?

Leodis75's Comment

Written on: 20/05/2013

what after 5 times? Do you know what you are talking about?

Just another Go Outdoors troll.

Bunnyone's Comment

Written on: 05/10/2012

The waterproof coat will be affected by the sun and elements it will need to be reproofed once a year even if you didn't use it that year. You have to look after it. It is not a house! Also you get what you pay for hi gear have entry level tents

Leodis75's Comment

Written on: 20/05/2013

Reproof every year even if not used?

No idea.