Poorly trained staff

Theknowledge's review of GO Outdoors www.gooutdoors.co.uk

“Poorly trained staff”

Written on: 27/07/2012 by Theknowledge (1 review written)

As a bit of an outdoor entsiast I always always value advise as one of the most important things, especially when climbing or mountaineering. So when a new go outdoors came to Poole I thought I'd give them a shot and see what they are like. Initial impressions we good as its a massive store, but that means nothing if the training isn't right, my guess was footwear would be the best place to start and after asking for advise on crampon compatible boots I was told THE WHOLE range could take crampons ... Hmmm, perhaps somebody who knows not what I'm even talking about? Well after asking another member of staff, exactly the same ... The whole range.

This is just plain dangerous advise and will surely get somebody killed

Never will I give this company time of day if they can't train properly! Let alone the issues around their rip off discount card!

Shop elsewhere, somewhere whe staff are trained - cotswold is really the only other option in the area.

• Goods purchased & cost