price match guarantee not worse the paper it is printed on

Guest's review of GO Outdoors www.gooutdoors.co.uk

“price match guarantee not worse the paper it is printed on”

Written on: 10/07/2012

This is to share the conversation I had with GO Outdoors regarding their
price match guarantee. In my case Decathlon is selling the same tent
VANGO ICARUS 500 (advertised in their brochure, valid at the time, and the tent
available in a store nearby me, in fact closer than the Go outdoor shop) 30 pounds cheaper than the one I had obtained from Go Outdoors. Unfortunately, I only discovered it in the evening of the same day.

Go Outdoors advertises in their recent brochure the 10% below price match guarantee
ironically with the very same tent. Their website states: "Price Guarantee is applicable against any competitor to GO Outdoors in the mainland UK, including any UK websites".

Now here is the reply I got for my request to
honour the price match guarantee, judge for yourself:

"Thank you for your email. I have checked the competitor link and unfortunately on this occasion we can not do the price match. The reason for this is that Decathlon do not stock the Vango Icarus 500 Tent on their website. Please let us know if you have another competitor in mind and we are happy to check this for you.
Regards,
GO OUTDOORS Customer Services"

This leaves you seriously wondering about any other claims you may have regarding
any other guarantees and warranties... To me this is false advertising and should be stopped by a legal entity.

• VANGO ICARUS 500 169.99 pounds