Their error but 'hard luck'.

Guest's review of GO Outdoors www.gooutdoors.co.uk

“Their error but 'hard luck'.”

Written on: 21/05/2012

Ordered two pairs of Packlite trousers when on offer at £50. Home delivery not available so reserved in their new store in Chester, received confirmation of my order. No news from Chester so contacted them to be told that as they were new they were not taking part in the online order and reserve system!
Contacted customer services who simply repeated that same. I pointed out that I would have used another store (and collected the trousers) had I known Chester were not participating. They agreed it was their website at fault and apologised.

I contacted them again asking them what they were going to do as it was their fault. No reply received.

I wrote to the Managing Director at Head Office - no reply received.

I contacted Customer Services again who informed me that the trousers were not in stock but, if I waited and found them somewhere. they would send them post free! As they are now £90 a pair, saving £4.95 on postage is really an irrelevancy.

No care or concern for customers even when the error is theirs.

• Goods purchased & cost