reserve online - but no stock ! go outdoors!

Guest's review of GO Outdoors www.gooutdoors.co.uk

“reserve online - but no stock ! go outdoors!”

Written on: 24/04/2012

You know when a company cares, they take on board your statements\feelings. When a company offers reserve your item and collect it - you would trust they use a method of real time stock - sadly not go outdoors. Its not the customer they focus on but if, when, how - they are opening more stores but my local store is over 50 miles away, having searched for an instock item only to get a call to say - no stock, can't find it some 5 hours after reserve was made. I complain - and nope I get a poor standard response of no 'real time' stock - so I question, Why offer a service that you cannot deliver? No response, so I get angry and comment closed with that's what we do and that's that - in a lot mre words - am I happy 'no' would I recommend 'no' if customers order and reserve online - they want that item - not bid, not try, they want it - maybe we are spoilt with Argos who get it right, boo hiss go outdoors - you don't care about customers, 4 customer service contacts show me that !

• 38.95

• Still waiting

Gfdhfd's Comment

Written on: 20/04/2013

The way the reserve and collect works is that your request is sent straight to the store of your choice, as a store, Go Outdoors aims to reserve the item/s in 1 hour or less from the point of receiving the request. It is then manually searched for by an employee, if it is in stock it is reserved, if not an alternative is offered and a notification is sent to let you know it is not in stock. The stock on the website is updated ever 24hrs and so it is understandable that an item may not show the correct stock balance.