Abysmal - failed to deliver, then charged me for postage

Guest's review of Field & Trek - www.fieldandtrek.com

“Abysmal - failed to deliver, then charged me for postage”

Written on: 03/02/2014

I have used Field & Trek in the past, but never again! Placed an order, chose Next Day Delivery since it was only £1 more expensive, then sat at home and waited, and waited...
Needless to say, the parcel failed to arrive the next day (even by the By 9pm deadline), and on checking the Yodel (another company to avoid, possibly even worse that Field and Trek) tracking system, saw that they had it marked as 'Delivery Refused by Customer', which was utter rubbish since both my wife and I had been in all day and heard nothing. It then got another message later in the day saying having been sent back to their delivery centre, but had been refused delivery by customer again??
So, it got returned to Field and Trek, who then had the cheek to refund it less the postage, in spite of me having spoken to them and had email correspondence with them about what had happened to the order.
I did finally get them to refund the postage too, but pretty crappy that you have to chase them to tell them something they already knew.
They do have some good prices, but frankly I'd prefer to go anywhere else than them for buying anything in future!

• Goods purchased & cost