Profit before service

moore72's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“Profit before service”

Written on: 09/08/2014 by moore72 (2 reviews written)

I only write a bad review if I have been well & truly messed around & in this case I have... I spotted a Norco sight carbon at a sale price & took the plunge & placed the order, 10 days later the bike arrived, as I started to put the bike together I noticed a scratch on the top tube & also marks on the frame near to the seat post, also the tyres were dirty & there was evidence of pedals being screwed in, I'm pretty sure I had been sent a ex demo bike, I wouldn't say it had been used on the trails, but definitely used on a car park or similar. I emailed photos & was advised that a replacement would be arranged, the collection was booked in for a Friday , but they didn't show, it was then arranged for the Monday, but again they didn't collect, it was finally collected on Tuesday. I waited a couple of days without hearing anything, so rang up & was advised that the bike was no longer in stock & I opted to have my money back. What annoys me is that someone within Evans clearly new this was bike was damaged & still sent it out, obviously hoping that I wouldn't send it back. I've wasted three weeks & had 2.5k taken out of my account, I've since ordered a new bike from another supplier with no problems. I'll be emailing Norco to advise them that their only supplier in the uk is messing their customers around.

• Goods purchased & cost