Awful customer service

Colten281's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“Awful customer service”

Written on: 19/07/2014 by Colten281 (1 review written)

Went in to the Crouch End Store on Sunday 13th to buy a new bike. I'd been invited on a cycling holiday the following weekend and wanted to get one on the day so I could have a week of riding it before going away. They didn't have the size I wanted in stock and was informed it would have to be ordered from the warehouse, but they had lots in stock. I said I'd go and buy it from a different shop, but was told it would definitely be in on Tuesday so I decided to pay the deposit and wait for it.
Turned up on Tuesday to collect it. Told it hadn't come in it, but it was on the delivery van and would definitely be in tomorrow (Wednesday). Called on Wednesday to check if it was in, was told it had arrived. I went in on Wednesday evening - nope it hadn't been delivered. I called again today and was told it was finally in, but I can't collect it. I had to book a slot to have it built for me. At no point during any of my times in the store was I told I'd need to book a slot for this. The soonest available time I could collect my bike would be Saturday afternoon, which would be too late.
Have to now cancel my order, no idea if I can get my deposit back. Have absolutely no idea how I'm supposed to go and find another store and purchase a bike this evening with a window of about 20 minutes when I finish work. Absolutely disgusted.

• Goods purchased & cost