Awful customer service

Colten281's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“Awful customer service”

Written on: 19/07/2014 by Colten281 (1 review written)

Went in to the Crouch End Store on Sunday 13th to buy a new bike. I'd been invited on a cycling holiday the following weekend and wanted to get one on the day so I could have a week of riding it before going away. They didn't have the size I wanted in stock and was informed it would have to be ordered from the warehouse, but they had lots in stock. I said I'd go and buy it from a different shop, but was told it would definitely be in on Tuesday so I decided to pay the deposit and wait for it.
Turned up on Tuesday to collect it. Told it hadn't come in it, but it was on the delivery van and would definitely be in tomorrow (Wednesday). Called on Wednesday to check if it was in, was told it had arrived. I went in on Wednesday evening - nope it hadn't been delivered. I called again today and was told it was finally in, but I can't collect it. I had to book a slot to have it built for me. At no point during any of my times in the store was I told I'd need to book a slot for this. The soonest available time I could collect my bike would be Saturday afternoon, which would be too late.
Have to now cancel my order, no idea if I can get my deposit back. Have absolutely no idea how I'm supposed to go and find another store and purchase a bike this evening with a window of about 20 minutes when I finish work. Absolutely disgusted.

• Goods purchased & cost

• Still waiting

Visit evanscycles.com

Shootyermouthoff's Comment

Written on: 31/12/2014

Oh dear.

For reference only..

If you need it in a hurry go to a store that has one in stock in your estimated size. You can find this out on their website. If you're hoping to buy that day you could get it put aside i.e. store stocked for you. You may have to pay a refundable deposit but, at least you'll have the bike. Take some photo ID and the card you paid the deposit with, as well as something to ride in so you can test the bike and get measured for it.

Yes you do have to book slots and the person who called you to say that your bike was in store should have mentioned that to you.
However, I am surprised that your bike was not built as a priority as you have been messed about so much.

All down to virtually non-existent training again. Evans Cycles will never learn ..