Profit before service

britishconsumer's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“Profit before service”

Written on: 10/06/2014 by britishconsumer (8 reviews written)

I have a Volt Metro electric bicycle with a back wheel puncture. As a few other stores are reluctant to repair an electric bicycle, I specifically mentioned it was an electric bicycle and the make and model when I rang this store up. I was told there is no problem except they might not be able to repair it the same day. We agreed that I will bring it in later today. As the store is right smack in the middle of Brighton city centre, I had to drive in order to take the bicycle in for the puncture repair. It took me a while to find a parking space and I had to pay £3.50 for an hour's parking. When I eventually wheeled my bicycle to the store and the shop assistant took it into their repair section at the back, he came back to tell me that as my bicycle needs extra work and they are currently very busy, they will not be able to repair it! I was dumbfounded! The complacent attitude of this store is unexcusable as it's management and staff do not seem to care about the inconveniece and cost I had to incur by their flippant empty promise. The management of this store should be well ashamed of their lack of care and service to the local cycling community especially in Brighton where together with our Green council, we actually believe in a greener environment and lifestyle, not simply in terms of profit and loss!

• Customer service