Friendly service & a company that goes the extra mile.

tfhlon's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“Friendly service and a company that goes the extra mile.”

Written on: 21/01/2014 by tfhlon (1 review written)

A couple of years ago I purchased a Bryton GPS computer from the London Bridge store. This year, just before the 2 year anniversary of the purchase, the GPS part of the unit failed completely. I took it back to the London bridge store and the staff there dealt with the issue really quickly and arranged for the repair. In the end it was replaced by the supplier, Zyro.

In December, the replacement unit also failed ( it wouldn't charge ). I took it back to see if could be repaired and the same member of staff dealt with this problem also. It too was returned to Zyro for repair. They reported back that the item was no longer manufactured and they would provide a credit.

The staff member who was dealing with me called to let me know, and told me he was going on leave, and that he would pass the case across to a colleague. He had obviously briefed his colleague well, because a couple of days later he contacted me and told me that Zyro were crediting the full wholesale price therefore Evans would be crediting me with the full retail price paid. I asked him to check this
- it seemed an awfully generous offer.

As I purchased the GPS over two years ago, I felt that a partial credit would be a nice gesture, but in no way was I expecting to receive anything approaching the full price I paid then.

However, it was confirmed that I would be receiving a full credit and when the credit was issued I was contacted immediately.
After discussing replacements with him, I decided to purchase a Garmin unit with a similar feature set.

I cannot fault any stage of the way I was dealt with by Evans and their team. They let me know the status at all times. Credit also should go to their supplier for the way they dealt with the issue also.

• Goods purchased & cost