Pathetic service

Unhappybunnyrabbit's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“Pathetic service”

Written on: 08/11/2013 by Unhappybunnyrabbit (1 review written)

I bought a Quintana Roo carbon kilo model for triathlon on the 7th July 2012. Exactly a year later the rear hanger snapped which resulted in a snapped frame by the right rear stay. I took the bike in to Evans Leeds/Castleford branch. They contacted QR in the U.S.A to enquire about a refund. A fortnight passed and eventually QR replied, very unhelpfully stating they would not replace the model, and I would have to buy another frame. I then decided to get the frame repaired in the UK by a soecialist and asked Evans if they could order rear stays and the rear mech. Weeks went past with no joy. A feeble excuse was that the parts had been ordered but they had no way of verifying when they were sent or which Evans depot the parts would end up at. More weeks passed..... With my increasing frustration. Nobody at Evans wanted to deal with it. I had a half ironman rapidly approaching and so took matters in my own hands. I collected my bike from Evans and took it to a specialist carbon repair shop in Bolton. I meanwhile contacted Qintana Roo direct and got the parts shipped. Less than a week larer, my bike was repaired as new with rear stays and hanger fixed.
No apology from the staff at Evans who could not have cared less anyway. They have lost this customer for good.
Moral of the story is if you want a fast reliable service, avoid Evans like the plague!

• £1,200