They go the extra mile

Guest's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“They go the extra mile”

Written on: 08/11/2013

I am a mountain biker of nearly 20 years experience and feel I know a lot about bikes, hopefully without being arrogant about it too. I have found most bike stores in Cheltenham to be a little pretentious with a know-it-all attitude. This has always put me off using bike stores and pushed me to Internet sites for my bike and component purchases.

However not long ago I needed some tyre levers as I had gone through 3 trying to remove the most stubborn tyre I have ever had from my wheel. I didn't have time to wait for some to be posted to me so popped down to your new store in Cheltenham. I'm very glad I did. The staff were all very helpful, there was no condescending tone of voice when I asked for advice regarding which was the best type of tyre lever (metal or plastic). In fact two of the workshop guys came out and offered me their best tips for removing a stubborn tyre from a wheel. There really was a vibe that no question was too stupid and they were going to make sure I left the shop happy.

What I found pleasing about your store was the effort your staff went to for a £2.99 component. There was no big sale but that didn't matter and the service was the best I've had from any bike store.

People are always to quick to complain about poor service, but rarely reward or point out fantastic service. Please feel good about your Cheltenham store as you have hired a great team. I will certainly be using your store from now on.

• Goods purchased & cost