Incorrect items sent & ridiculous delays.

Guest's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“Incorrect items sent and ridiculous delays.”

Written on: 08/10/2013

I ordered a black cycling jacket from Evans (in the sale and great value) a few days later it arrived but they had sent the wrong colour. I rang 'customer services' who said I'd have to fill out a on-line returns form, they would then send through a reply label and I could send it back for an exchange - why does it need to be this complicated?

I sent the form on-line and got no reply so a few days later I tried again. Still nothing so I rang customer services for the second time. A very helpful chap said I didn't need that form, just send the item back and they would exchange it straight away. He rang the next day to say they had the right jacket it stock and would send it through as soon as they received mine back. I put a large note on the return jacket saying it was Charcoal Grey not Black and sent it back. A few days later back came the jacket - the same as the last one! Back goes the second jacket and a few days later I get an auto email saying they received it and will dispatch a replacement. A week later nothing. Ring them up yet again and get told there are no more in stock! At what point would they have contacted me to discuss this, I don't know.

Exchanged it for another jacket and then rather stupidly ordered a pair of sunglasses. That was two weeks ago - they've received my order, debited my card, told me it's ready to be dispatched - and ignored my emails requesting to know when this might happen.

The staff have generally been polite and helpful but that's no good if their dispatch department are completely incompetent (and colour blind?!).

Compare these experiences with the brilliant Merlin Cycles who have unfailingly delivered anything I've ordered the following working day - regardless of size/weight of order and they have a quick, completely fuss free and simple returns policy.

• Jacket £45.00 and Sunglasess £50