Basic service processes in need of a complete overhall

Guest's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“Basic service processes in need of a complete overhall”

Written on: 16/09/2013

When will Evans invest some real time, effort and money in putting some basic customer service processes in place. I recently put my road bike in for a "silver" overnight service. at noon the next day i received a muffled message from someone who left a telephone number. Turn out it was their workshop, who, after 15-20 attempts at calling then and the number just ringing out i had to call the shop. They also said they couldn't get through and this was an on-going issue. I asked them to send an email to call me. I eventually spoke to someone at their workshop, he quickly ran through all the things i needed and the total price. I asked for a breakdown which didn't add up to the final figure i had been quoted. I agreed 70% of the recommendations. When I went to collect my bike they said we’ll take the money now and then show you the bike….it turned out they couldn’t find my pedals and the bar tape hadn’t been put on correctly. They didn’t seem to care too much. It’s a bit like going back to BT, you think the service must have improved from the last time and you decide to give it another go, only to find out that it’s just as shoddy as it was before! Stick to you instinct and go for a small independent bike shop where you can talk to the bike mechanic directly who provide basic / good customer service.

• £185