Poor Customer Service

Guest's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“Poor Customer Service”

Written on: 19/08/2013

I recently purchased a Silver service from your Wimbledon Branch, The bike needed a general service and the gears needed adjusting as they were slipping.

The service was to be carried out at your Bermondsey Repairs Shop, and the very next day I received a call from Bermondsey Repairs, unfortunately because I was driving could not answer the phone. However about two minutes later called back, and the phone just rang and rang! I tried a further three times that day and nobody would answer the phone! The Tuesday and Wednesday was exactly the same and there was no facility to either leave a message or voicemail or email either.

Come the Thursday I rang the Wimbledon branch and explained my dilemma and they said that it was always near on impossible getting through, but I left it with them and still didn’t hear anything! I rang the Wimbledon Branch the next day, and the person I spoke to was off and had not left any messages or to chase up the repairs garage. I decided to ring your main number (01293-574900) and because there wasn’t a repairs option had to speak to the New Bikes section, who I felt didn’t want to take my call as I was in the wrong department. They suggested I keep phoning the repairs department, they were not very helpful in the advice they gave. I insisted they email the department but could feel they just didn’t want to help as it wasn’t their problem!

Come Friday I eventually managed to get through, I couldn’t believe it, somebody had answered the phone, and all the issue was, that one of my break levers was damaged and it would cost an additional £15, of course I said yes but the whole of the service had been put on hold until they had spoken to me!

I was initially told the repairs would be 3-4 days; I picked the bike up 10 days later. The ten days was not the issue, it was the constant chasing up of your Bermondsey branch, the not returning of phone calls from Wimbledon and the unhelpfulness of the Evans Head Office.

On riding my bike home, I noticed my gears felt exactly the same as before, but because I was so frustrated with the lack of customer service, decided to book my bike into Pearson’s in Sutton to have the works carried out correctly.

This level of service is unacceptable, I would certainly think twice about having my serviced again at Evans Cycles. I certainly cannot recommend Evans for Bike repairs.

• Silver Service (Maintenance)

• Up to a week late