Appalling customer relations

Guest's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“Appalling customer relations”

Written on: 11/06/2013

My partner bought me a £55 voucher for a silver service at the Canary Wharf branch of Evans. I went in to book it but, as is usual for that particular branch, the wait was a week. During this time, my bike was stolen.

I cancelled the service immediately and have since been trying to have my voucher refunded. This has proved an absurdly frustrating experience.

There is nothing on the vouchers or in-store to say that they are non-refundable. I was told in the store that I should be able to have them refunded, but that I had to go through head office. Head office, however, keeps sending me back to the branch and/or tells me that vouchers are non-refundable - despite my clearly extenuating circumstances and despite the complete failure to make this clear on any of the paperwork. They say it is clear on the website. It is not.

The voucher was clearly and openly bought at the time as the equivalent of a service voucher - in the absence of any formal option to do that.

The customer relations team has been outright rude every time I have contacted them. All they do is keep repeating it is company policy not to refund vouchers. I would suggest that a better company policy would be to use a bit of discretion and not treat customers as idiots.

Taking £55 without any service rendered is THEFT.

• Goods purchased & cost