Terrible service in delivering a £2k bike-still not resolved

Guest's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“Terrible service in delivering a £2k bike-still not...”

Written on: 20/02/2013

Ordered a Jamis Xenith pro from the Kingston Branch - every couple of days they would kep being promissing it would arrive in the next couple of days - it took over two weeks to come in because they didnt have all the Di2 parts delivered with it

I spent 3/4hour this morning trying to get through on the phone - noone was anwsering, and eventually got a respnse and was told the bike was all good and ready to go - great I thought.

I went to pick it up today. I found the Bike was scratched in two places, there was no manual, no Di2 connection tool, the Di2 battery charger had a Non-UK plug on it (not fused) - they tried to tell me this was standard (even though it breaks the 1994 Plugs & Sockets Regulations to supply electrical equipment without a UK plug & fuse and the Shimanio manual I've now found online shows it wih the UK plug).

And becuase they couldn't find the missing bits & manual and the "Manager" was not there they told me I couldn't have it after all and I would have to come back again tomorrow. ARRGHH

So I've wasted 2 1/2 hours of my day today and I've got to pay to get there and back again! WHAT A WASTE OF MY TIME and MONEY that place is.

Reading other reviews - they just can't seem to deliver bikes in one piece.

I wait to find out tomorrow what they are going to do. If you have a choice - would recommend buying you bike from anywhere else.

• Goods purchased & cost

• Still waiting

Visit evanscycles.com

Nickd1000's Comment

Written on: 25/02/2013

UPDATE:

I spoke to the Manager on the next day and he organised to happen what should have happened in the first place - which is they drove to another store to get a bike without any damage and WITH all the right components, accessories and manuals (including that UK plug!).

So on Friday - 3 weeks after I ordered the bike - I was finally able to pick my new bike up and they did gave me a good discount as a form of apology.

I just wish they were more competent and I did not have to go through all of the above to spend my money with them!

evanscycles.com