Cant deliver promise

mrbmerc's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“Cant deliver promise”

Written on: 05/02/2013 by mrbmerc (1 review written)

What a shame. A seemingly great web site business. I narrowed down my choice, online called for a final bit of advice, ordered a £1100 bike (a lot to me). It was promised for delivery 3 days later on a Saturday. I took the day off work and arranged to go for a ride with my son. Lunch time comes no bike so I called up to confirm. Courier was checked and yes Bike will be with you by 6pm. Bike didnt arrive! I called up Sunday for an explanation wasn't offered a sincere apology despite me taking a day off work. Was told I couldn't have a refund because they hadnt got the bike. So wasted weekend, £1100 lighter and still no idea of when or if the bike might arrive. Several phone calls later " it's on it's way" " it's not on its way" " it will be with you tomorrow" " it wont be with you tomorrow" - "if you want a refund you have to call back with your card" CALLED BACK WITH MY CARD "no we don't need your card for a refund". So the courier let them down but the shambolic approach and lack of customer care on the back of this episode lost a sale and a customer and wound me up enough to write this! I'm off to my local bike shop to choose the right bike and "ride it home".

• MTB £1100