George the Warranty Crusader at Evans

b4tman's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“George the Warranty Crusader at Evans”

Written on: 28/11/2012 by b4tman (1 review written)

When my Fuji Track bike frame cracked around the seat tube (rendering it impossible to clamp the seat post - although I did keep cycling with a giant jubilee clip ...), I thought I would have to go in search of a local welder. The bike was three years old and the original provider had ceased trading.
A number of my club colleagues advised me to contact the current Fuji distributor - Evans Cycles.

I have to say that my expectations were initially pretty low so I was bowled over when George in the Warranties Dept not only managed to secure a replacement frame from the manufacturer (thank you Fuji) but went on to arrange the collection of my bike, transfer of components and return to me. He even emailed a picture in advance of dispatch as the bike actually ended up looking even better than when it started (updated frame with previous components) and attracted admiration from the rest of the Warranties Dept.

This sort of service is "over and above" what is expected so I'm very keen to publicly say thank you to George, Evans and Fuji.

• Goods purchased & cost