Upsold on Silver service!

Guest's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“Upsold on Silver service!”

Written on: 13/11/2012

I put two bikes in for a service in a West London Branch. The bikes were then outsourced to another service shop for the services. I received a call from the service shop with an update on the bikes. I was informed that I would need new brake blocks on bike 1 and a new chain. I was happy about the new chain but felt my brake blocks were fine (I can replace them myself anyway). I was informed that the service wouldn't go ahead unless I bought the brake blocks which I felt was a bit petulant. I am not putting the bike in for a car MOT! and its up to me if I want to buy the parts.

Bike 2 which I knew needed its front wheel straightened out, a new wheel at most was quoted for a £192 repair for what I dont know!

I only took the bikes in for a service. I didn't proceed with any of the work as I felt their attitude was terrible and my gut feeling was that I was being sold a lot more than I needed. Its unfortunate as I have put my bikes into Evans cycles in the past and have found their advice and quotes believable and fair.

• Goods purchased & cost