Difficult Customer Experience

keencyclist's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“Difficult Customer Experience”

Written on: 08/11/2012 by keencyclist (1 review written)

It is a great sadness that Evans' customer service has deteriorated to such an extent that their sales team are unfortunately frequently rude and are not aware of their own company's promotions or current prices. After visiting a branch, I was asked to phone another branch to order the stock. The sales person was very personable but extremely slow and unfortunately not competent. My order had taken an hour over the phone, at the end of which I was advised that it could not proceed becuase they were unable to take a card payment for accessories. I then tried the website. Having spent some considerable time adding items to the basket, I was unable to use a cycle to work voucher for no apparent reason. The customer service team said that they would process the order manually and phone me back. In the meantime, one of the items I had ordered is no longer available. I'm still waiting for their call.

• £850